Friday, July 8, 2011

Spatial Perception

I wanted to make sure to create a section for spatial perception.  I am still trying to connect all the concepts I have floating around in my head about spatial perception, memory and output. 

One distinction, and it could be a small point, but I found it intriguing to think about is how spatial ordering contrasts with sequential ordering.  When things are sequentially ordered they enter your mind in a serial order; however, when the job of spatial ordering is at hand information needs to be taken in as a whole.

Spatial ordering involves such things as:

knowing left from right
working within the margins on a page
picturing chacters while reading
remembering where you put things

This distinction between serial order vs. taken in as a whole says something, but what does it say?

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment